Dienstag, 23. Oktober 2007

8 weirdo things about me (and I hate Dave for making me do the list!)

1.) It is True, that I'm living in this Teutonic land  for 8 -years running now but my morning news from day one on come from- guess where?-  the New York Times and the Guardian.

 

3) I hate cakes and desserts which is difficult, to say the least,  if you live in a cake-crazy country like Germany. (You always have  to say 'sorry but I'm full' or  'no, that's too sweet for me' during Sunday afternoons when they invite you for coffee or tea.

 

4) I love doing  the 'full monty' - a not so Pinoy thing to do (but only in the sauna and nudist beaches, mind you) 

 

5) I read books simultaneously- last count 10- and go from one book to another book, chapter by chapter, until they're all finished. Exception: thrillers. 

   

6) ah, I hate to celebrate my own birthday but friends come anyway to tease and greet me. Luckily, my wife prepares always something ready.

 

7) My German language teacher complained loud the other day, that I can very well discuss about Kant or Marx in German, but I don't know what to say when I go to the butcher to buy, for instance, sausages :-)

 

2) I pick my nose when I sleep in the night  he...he... he... and the last, but not least,

 

8) I hate doing this, but then for the love of Dave....

 

 

Now who shall I tag? hmmmm, danny, mark, jade, tina, inday, al, and every body who cares to do this for the love of me....

 

______________________

 

1.) In the 8 facts about [name], you share 8 things that your readers don't know about you. At the end, you tag 8 other bloggers to keep the fun going. Each blogger must post these rules first.

2.) Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

3.) At the end of the post, a blogger needs to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

4.) Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

66 Kommentare:

Greg G. jr hat gesagt…

heard that there is a nudist park in germany. have you been there as well?

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

yes, and there are plenty of them, sp. on the north and east sea.

Greg G. jr hat gesagt…

i see. sounds interesting because not out kind of thing here in asia. although it's quite common for japanese, koreans and chinese to strip totally naked in saunas without qualms. we filipinos are generally still a little more conservative.

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

yes, Greg, that's what I mean- weird for Pinoys but not really for other people :-) Now hurry make your own list...

Greg G. jr hat gesagt…

hahaha i already have in my blog something similar - 10 things about me not many people know, although not necessarily weird.

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

you did write it voluntarily? lol

Greg G. jr hat gesagt…

i was tagged by northwold hehehehe, check it out in my blog.

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

Okey, I'll do that now.

Cristina Fernandez hat gesagt…

OOh jack,.I love german cakes,..they are better than Dutch version.
dont tell tim that you like nudes,..your royaled wine is enough topic to discuss.

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

he...he.. indeed, Tina, between German and Dutch cakes.... no comparison.

al perez manlangit hat gesagt…

Well, can't forget the Maritim Hotel sauna/spa in Koln where it was open for both sexes when I thought it was exclusively for men. Imagine my shock when I got out butt naked from the shower to the sauna to discover that the place was teeming with women who were also, well, butt naked. Inalis ko na lang yung hiya ko - tutal di ko naman mga kilala. Nandun na, eh!

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

ha...ha... Al! I know the place, I used to go there, too! Nice, Jacuzzi, reasonable resto. And as for the nude ladies, well... I hope you enjoyed the varied scenery :-)

al perez manlangit hat gesagt…

Yeah, the varied body landscapes were quite interesting. But I was more bloody concerned that my Monty would stand up at attention. Now that would be real embarrassing! Kaya I never got out of the whirlpool until closing time at midnight!

Lalaine Chu-Benitez hat gesagt…

Just pre-warn us Jack, if ever you're planning to hit the beach or spas in this part of the world... I'll make sure I'm nowhere near... yikes!

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

Ah, Laláine! Don't be so prude. It's actually liberating for both men and women. Btw, welcome to my blog.

swerver swerver hat gesagt…

No. 7 is crazy awesome but then it got weird in the end.
and it would be nice to do that full monty thing sometimes. that should rock!! hahaha

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

honestly, people don't give a damn in the sauna, Al. At least, to where I have been, that's my experience. As long as people behave, it's not really a problem.

Lalaine Chu-Benitez hat gesagt…

Never a prude Jack... it's just that I always associate nakedness with, at least, some paraphernalia .. so doing the full Monty just seems so... uncomfortable - kulang :P

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

Ah, you're a teaser, perhaps? LOL

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

ha...ha... what do you mean by this, swerver?

Nona Enriquez-Schanowski hat gesagt…

funny..:) I've been tagged already..and then I made my own craze, you'd see it in one of my blogs: " I Like..I dislike.."

swerver swerver hat gesagt…

well, it's already awesome to know kant and marx names.. much more to be able to discuss them in german...

swerver swerver hat gesagt…

... the reason why you can't express yourself well to a butcher just escapes me tho...

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

And that's the weird part of it. Because with people I know, like my teacher, for instance, I am comfortable to discuss things with them in German. But with strangers, I become conscious about those pesky German articles- der, die, das and their cases- and often lose my confidence.

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

Ah, let me read it sometime, Nona!

swerver swerver hat gesagt…

so you just learned German? it's not one of your childhood languages?

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

what do you mean childhood languages? I grew up in Mindanao's Cebuano-speaking part, Swerver!

swerver swerver hat gesagt…

aha. good to know coz i have a notion that it would be extremely difficult to learn a new language in the caliber of, say, German and Russian... unless you start learning it during childhood.. i have a dream of learning Yiddish and Yucatan... it's not that impossible, therefore.

XXXX YYYY hat gesagt…

aha! full monty!!! heheeh love that show by the way...and yes picking your nose is definitely HOT. ngahahah...don't cha worry i pick my ass when i sleep, its nice..warm and comfy..bwahahahahah*

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

ha...ha...ha... Meow! You make my day! Yes, I love that socially critical film, Full Monty, but the play I haven't seen yet.

XXXX YYYY hat gesagt…

have you heard about monty python? i love them..theyre hilarious!! not all people understand what their joke is all about..but surprisingly i do! bwahah..hrhr..what time is it there na ba? Its a pity there's an ongoing broadway strike..hope they can work things out..thanks for the invite anyway..appreciate it!

David Llorito hat gesagt…

hey jack. you are quite quick about this. hahah! i enjoy this one!

David Llorito hat gesagt…

this speaks a lot about you, my friend. you still live in the world of thoughts and ideas. that's why you seem to find it difficult to talk to butchers. me too. besides, i really dont eat much red meat these days. lol!

David Llorito hat gesagt…

indeed its not so pinoy. lol!

David Llorito hat gesagt…

me too. reminds me that im getting old and i havent written my book of poems yet.

Elpidio Latorilla hat gesagt…

Jack, I might sound off´ topic again. But give this first a try: on your next vacation, visit London and go to the "reading room". When you are there, look around you, take notice of the room, the ambience, and the details. Then pretend you were there at the time of Karl Marx and his book. You might get some insights into some whys or might not. Let me know later what went into your mind.

Patricia Alix-Villa hat gesagt…

hahahahaha! i was about to say this! =)

Patricia Alix-Villa hat gesagt…

as in while you're asleep? =) and your wife wasn't turned off? =)

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

I love Monty Python- and British humour, in general. The World According to Bryan, I think was outstanding. But then their latter-day films became sort of run o' the mill thing. As for the invite, well, I thought it's high time that you, too, grace my blog with your wit:-)

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

It's for the love of you, dave! ha....ha...ha...

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

I like rambling thoughts, my friend! Yes, will remember this tip next time I'll find myself in beautiful London.

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

Ah, Pat, Lalainne! Why are the two of you find yourself on the same side of the fence most of the time? Anyhow, to do full monty in the sauna or naturalist beaches is no big deal. If you're in Rome be a Roman. And goodness gracious, why should I go to a sauna in places like Singapore or Dubai? The outside temperature in both places is warm enough to sweat the hell out of my stinking body he...he...he...

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

Ah, the psychologist in you, Pat? Well, actually, it is not as if I'm doing it every night while I sleep. I think it occurs when something bothers me and I'm working it out in my sleep. Now tell me: is it really so weird?

And yes the wifey complained already once about it and luckily now she doesn't read my blogs otherwise she'd kill me if she'd learn that I'm dishing out my dirty linen in the public domain. Soooo un-German, she'd say ha....ha....ha...

Patricia Alix-Villa hat gesagt…

hahaha! well then i must be german too, because i agree with her! hahahahaha! =)

Patricia Alix-Villa hat gesagt…

yes it is. =) it's the first time i've heard of anyone doing it in his sleep. =)

loida cris morallas hat gesagt…

ok give me a year to reinvent myself so i could write 8 weird things about me....how about doing 'full monty' while reading 10 books simultaneously on your birthday while your wife prepares something and your friends come along to see you Jack?

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

And, here's more puzzle, Pat! I acquired this habit only here in Germany :-) I never had it before in the Philippines...

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

ha...ha... I know what you mean, I always tease my wife that she takes herself- unlike me- too seriously. It's just the ego, Pat! ha...ha...ha...

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

he....he... that's quite a weird challenge, Day!

Lalaine Chu-Benitez hat gesagt…

Man, that is soooo Freudian!

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

why, what did the old man Freud say about this, Lalaine?

al perez manlangit hat gesagt…

Hahahaha! Now I would LOVE to see this!

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

naughty, Al! LOL

al perez manlangit hat gesagt…

Hahahaha! Now I would LOVE to see this!

al perez manlangit hat gesagt…

Hahahaha! Now I would dearly LOVE to see this!

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

Aha, didn't you read above that I tagged you? What are you waiting for, my friend?

XXXX YYYY hat gesagt…

in ilonggo..i have my WITI-WITI. HRRHRHRH...ive been browsing your debate with Dave..my brain is now focused on my term papers and studies..mahirap basta balik estudyante ulit..kakapagod but who am i to complain? shoinks.

Ulla Langoo hat gesagt…

I LOVE your 7!! That's how my German was until I got satellite TV. My French never got past that point. What do people like your teacher think intelligent people READ - recipe books?

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

Ulla, I can hug you for this!!!

Ulla Langoo hat gesagt…

Hugging you back - real bear hug!

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

from a real berliner bear, yes! But actually my teacher said that comment as a left-handed compliment.

Ulla Langoo hat gesagt…

Ah - okay. I've heard it said as a non-compliment. Sorry, teacher, I was unfair to you in my thoughts; mea maxima culpa.

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

ha..ha.. no need for a mea culpa, Ulla! He's a very proud Luddite who uses the internet only to send e-mails for his work. The rest of it he considers degenerate. So he would never get to see your comment ha..ha..ha...

Ulla Langoo hat gesagt…

Wie, bitte - entartet? Reminds me something/body not too attractive. Hehe.

Jack Catarata hat gesagt…

ha...ha... The bishop of Cologne used that word recently in a sermon to criticise modern art and there was big uproar afterwards. Well, that Bishop is very conservative so he deserved all the beatings he got for using this Nazi-era word.

sylvia gonzalez hat gesagt…

hi jack, im here in time before you delete this. full monty? ano yun? hahahahahaha!
so you dont like sweets? neither do i. when i was in college, i preferred something meaty like siopao or pansit....