I was going to commend you for this pic when I realized that's you standing on the foreground :) Looking very ruddy my friend... fresh from your skiing trip?
LOL, she actually learned photography, Jan. It's a pity that she doesn't like to use digital cameras. She did photo exhibits before about the Philippines but stopped taking photos after she lost her beloved Minolta SLR in Manila some years ago. As for the comment on the model, I owe you a case of Singha beer for that ;-)
You seem to be the only people in this esplanade which was teeming with people when we visited that I couldn't get a good pix of the church. This is very nice!
It was Easter Sunday when we visited Innsbruck, Al. Probably all the tourists were either in Salzburg or in Vienna, so there were only a handful of visitors around. Lucky we, indeed.
Ah, the overrated Golden Dachl (roof). I wonder why so many tourists bother to gather around this place to view a couple of copper-colored roofing. I was one of those suckered by the hype which appears in every tourist brochure on Innsbruck! :-)
Yeah, Emperor Maximilian turned it into a viewing deck to watch what went on in the square. Not much impact nowadays since it's too small and were it not for people gawking upwards, you will surely miss it.
Wonderful pictures, jack! historical too.... well, most of Europe are anyway.... you have great pictures. you should join the picture perfect loop, quite tiring though hehehe
Thanks, Sha! Just beginning to shoot. As you can read on the thread, just also got my tutorial from my on-line buddy, Alperez! The picture perfect loop can wait... cheers.
oh is that you jack? when i went on a short trip to Europe back in 04, i came back to US depressed because all i see here are brick buildings except for very few old townhouses in Manhattan. im a romantic at heart and am so enamored with the past. history fascinates me so much. lucky you to be living in the thick of good stuff =)
I immediately fell in love with Innsbruck, Ulla. It is a provincial but very charming city. Ah, your list of European cities to visit is getting longer... but I hope you'll include my little Neustadt and der Weinstraße in your itinerary :-)
32 Kommentare:
I was going to commend you for this pic when I realized that's you standing on the foreground :) Looking very ruddy my friend... fresh from your skiing trip?
ha...ha... my wife took it, Janjan, so you can still say your commendation, LOL
what time when taken?
Hahaha! Your wife has a great eye for composition and perspective :) Please extend my kudos.
She also knows how to pick the good looking models. LOL
LOL, she actually learned photography, Jan. It's a pity that she doesn't like to use digital cameras. She did photo exhibits before about the Philippines but stopped taking photos after she lost her beloved Minolta SLR in Manila some years ago. As for the comment on the model, I owe you a case of Singha beer for that ;-)
I took it at around 4:00 in the afternoon, Dave. It was about to snow when I took it.
great...i had different feeling when viewing these set as compared to the other albums from austria.
Innsbruck, the capital of Tirol, is a lovely old city, Greg. It is also very cosmopolitan.
You seem to be the only people in this esplanade which was teeming with people when we visited that I couldn't get a good pix of the church. This is very nice!
It was Easter Sunday when we visited Innsbruck, Al. Probably all the tourists were either in Salzburg or in Vienna, so there were only a handful of visitors around. Lucky we, indeed.
Ah, the overrated Golden Dachl (roof). I wonder why so many tourists bother to gather around this place to view a couple of copper-colored roofing. I was one of those suckered by the hype which appears in every tourist brochure on Innsbruck! :-)
ha...ha...ha... same question I had, Al! Until I read how old it is (ca. 1500!) then my skepticism turned into admiration...
great austrian holiday! and great to see you back on multiply!
hey, thanks for the welcome, Apryl! Is the baby already there?
Yeah, Emperor Maximilian turned it into a viewing deck to watch what went on in the square. Not much impact nowadays since it's too small and were it not for people gawking upwards, you will surely miss it.
yes, you're right... and the building adjoining it is somehow soooo ordinary-looking you'd say what's the fuss all about.
not yet. in a month (or probably less) :)
really envy the snow & the thick clothing... it's suuuuuuuper uber stifling hot here in manila!!!
I hope you're not getting nervous now... take care, Palangga!
Wonderful pictures, jack! historical too.... well, most of Europe are anyway.... you have great pictures. you should join the picture perfect loop, quite tiring though hehehe
Thanks, Sha! Just beginning to shoot. As you can read on the thread, just also got my tutorial from my on-line buddy, Alperez! The picture perfect loop can wait... cheers.
Wonderfull Austria, Ohh I love that artistic expressions on architecture.
salamat, Tina! Sige, balik na tayo sa Philnetz :-)
echt? no skiing in Innsbruck?
oh is that you jack? when i went on a short trip to Europe back in 04, i came back to US depressed because all i see here are brick buildings except for very few old townhouses in Manhattan. im a romantic at heart and am so enamored with the past. history fascinates me so much. lucky you to be living in the thick of good stuff =)
Kudos sa wife mo Jack!gand ng shot!ikaw pala yang nakatayo hiihi.
This is lovely. I'd like to see Innsbrück; I've only passed through it by train.
I immediately fell in love with Innsbruck, Ulla. It is a provincial but very charming city. Ah, your list of European cities to visit is getting longer... but I hope you'll include my little Neustadt and der Weinstraße in your itinerary :-)
I couldn't stay away from a place named Weinstrasse, dear!
LOL, I hope it's not only because of the wine...
I'm not biting on that hook, my friend ---. Hehe.
lovely town, never been there yet but salzburg.
thanks, Buddy. I've got to visit again your site one day to enjoy your beautiful shots! And maybe learn a tip or two of your techniques :-)
Kommentar veröffentlichen