it was mainly for the children, Dave! Martin wanted to practice skiing after he learned it with his class last January while Anna likes to follow the footsteps of his brother. So, we packed up last Easter and headed fo the Alps. It is only about 3 hours away from our place by car.
it was not as meaningful as when you are in philippines where you can really feel the joy of Jesus' resurrection. here, i just went to church, came home and did spring cleaning =). hope you had a good one jack....
ah, these bonding moments with the kids. i miss that. ovid is always busy with his calculus and physics... so i suggest you spend lots of these with your kids. these are precious moments you will treasure in your memory. the supply of this is actually limited. once they are gone to school and their careers, thats it. lol!
I appreciate the tip, Al. But how do I straighten the spire in Photoshop... hehehe... I'm a dummy when it comes to photog. It's actually you and the rest of the Multiply photogs who gave me the impetus to try it...
Go to IMAGE then ROTATE CANVASS then click ARBITRARY. Select 1 or 1.5 in the ANGLE field and click CW (for clockwise rotate - CCW is counterclockwise). Presto! Your pix tilts to the right making the vertical line of the steeple stand straighter. You can experiment as to what's suitable for the ANGLE and see how your picture tilts. Now all you have to do is to crop it. U know how to crop? Ok - that will cost you one Austrian beer!
It's a deal, thanks, Al! I love German wine but, yes, I got hooked to the Austrian Stiegl beer during our stay there. You'll get a pack of it when you visit me her... hehehe... btw, I still got to get my Photoshop programm. Is there one available online?
You can also make the image crisper. Just go to IMAGE then ADJUSTMENTS. Select BRIGHTNESS/CONTRAST. Now play around with the lever adjustments and see how much your pix becomes much better. Don't forget to save your work with another file name. Pretty simple tweaking but makes your shots better. Okay, Jack, that's two beers now!
you got me there, Al! Dummy as I am. Of course, I know Adobe because it was lying in my old computer, unused. I used my old HP digital camera just for documentation purposes. Now you guys contaminated me with this photog virus... More beer, Al?
Jack, Photoshop is MUCH too complicated - the only thing I can do is rotate a photo. I can do a few other things, okay, but there must be some kind of executive code that I can't find since nothing has changed in the saved photo. You can download a program called Picasa; I'm told that's for non-professionals. I'll see if I can find the link. There are also online photo editors, e.g. Pixenate.
Hallo, Ulla! I have Picasa but some Multiply friends think Adobe is better, so I downloaded it yesterday only to find out that, indeed, it is complicated. I spent the whole morning today trying to learn it... but yes, it's amazing what comes out... I'll post it here later when I find the time.
Then will you please tell me how you MAKE it come out??? I can't finish anything. A friend once taught me a lot of shortcuts, but I can't remember even one of them - and one is that execute code or whatever you call it.
What I did was to follow the instructions of Alperez which he wrote down, just scroll this thread. Bu if you mean you cannot save your work- which I admit I also still have some difficulty- I click "save as" under the FILE column. Wait, I'll show you a sample of my PS tweaking result.
That's not what I mean; I know how to save. Say I crop. Then I want to put the crop tool back and see how the photo looks now. No can do; it looks as before except for lines and whatnot across it. There's a SHORTCUT that does what I want, but I don't know it.
So, you're even far advanced than I am. I just looked in horror now that not all the pictures I saved this morning in the PS are not in the file, sigh... I have to look where it ended, Ulla. They're at least 2 hours work...
That's what I mean. Unless you click somewhere (???) or use a shortcut, you only save the original photos, not your work. Besides, I don't want to save them in between. I want to finish e.g. cropping, see if it's all right, if so continue with e.g. brightness. That program drives me CRAZY.
37 Kommentare:
on travel again, Jack? galeng!
it was mainly for the children, Dave! Martin wanted to practice skiing after he learned it with his class last January while Anna likes to follow the footsteps of his brother. So, we packed up last Easter and headed fo the Alps. It is only about 3 hours away from our place by car.
postcard quality, nice!
another profi praising a neophyte, wow! Thanks, Sylvia and I hope you had a nice Easter with your family.
it was not as meaningful as when you are in philippines where you can really feel the joy of Jesus' resurrection. here, i just went to church, came home and did spring cleaning =). hope you had a good one jack....
ah, these bonding moments with the kids. i miss that. ovid is always busy with his calculus and physics... so i suggest you spend lots of these with your kids. these are precious moments you will treasure in your memory. the supply of this is actually limited. once they are gone to school and their careers, thats it. lol!
now, im speaking like an old man...
it surely is, Dave! Martin already announced that he would make his next skiing vacation with his friends and not with us :-(
now he is talking like a man....
well, he's now 14 and will be in the 9th grade, Dave! We are getting old...wait, I'll post some of the children's photos...
it IS post-card quality :) good execution Jack!
thanks, Jan! Yiheyy, the credit is mine, this time....
you've been travelling so that's explains your absence in x.
got also busy with a lot of things, Greg. The first quarter of the year is the busiest season for us here.
A little straightening of the church spire on PS and this would be postcard quality! I wish there was more space on the right though. Hehehe...
I appreciate the tip, Al. But how do I straighten the spire in Photoshop... hehehe... I'm a dummy when it comes to photog. It's actually you and the rest of the Multiply photogs who gave me the impetus to try it...
Go to IMAGE then ROTATE CANVASS then click ARBITRARY. Select 1 or 1.5 in the ANGLE field and click CW (for clockwise rotate - CCW is counterclockwise). Presto! Your pix tilts to the right making the vertical line of the steeple stand straighter. You can experiment as to what's suitable for the ANGLE and see how your picture tilts. Now all you have to do is to crop it. U know how to crop? Ok - that will cost you one Austrian beer!
It's a deal, thanks, Al! I love German wine but, yes, I got hooked to the Austrian Stiegl beer during our stay there. You'll get a pack of it when you visit me her... hehehe... btw, I still got to get my Photoshop programm. Is there one available online?
You can also make the image crisper. Just go to IMAGE then ADJUSTMENTS. Select BRIGHTNESS/CONTRAST. Now play around with the lever adjustments and see how much your pix becomes much better. Don't forget to save your work with another file name. Pretty simple tweaking but makes your shots better. Okay, Jack, that's two beers now!
ah, now you're spilling your trade secret, Al! Okey, you deserve another bottle..
Judging from where I am, I'd sell my mother for a case of Stiegl beer! HAHAHAHA!
you got me there, Al! Dummy as I am. Of course, I know Adobe because it was lying in my old computer, unused. I used my old HP digital camera just for documentation purposes. Now you guys contaminated me with this photog virus... More beer, Al?
More Stiegl beer for you, Al! Just downloaded Adobe CS and will be busy the next hour tweaking that postcard-perfect pix. Danke viel mals.
it's like a christmas card!!
salamat, Che!
ang ganda ng mga pictures! I like it there! sana maka punta me someday jan! hehehehe!
Jack, Photoshop is MUCH too complicated - the only thing I can do is rotate a photo. I can do a few other things, okay, but there must be some kind of executive code that I can't find since nothing has changed in the saved photo.
You can download a program called Picasa; I'm told that's for non-professionals. I'll see if I can find the link.
There are also online photo editors, e.g. Pixenate.
Hallo, Ulla! I have Picasa but some Multiply friends think Adobe is better, so I downloaded it yesterday only to find out that, indeed, it is complicated. I spent the whole morning today trying to learn it... but yes, it's amazing what comes out... I'll post it here later when I find the time.
who can tell the future, buddy?
Then will you please tell me how you MAKE it come out??? I can't finish anything.
A friend once taught me a lot of shortcuts, but I can't remember even one of them - and one is that execute code or whatever you call it.
What I did was to follow the instructions of Alperez which he wrote down, just scroll this thread. Bu if you mean you cannot save your work- which I admit I also still have some difficulty- I click "save as" under the FILE column. Wait, I'll show you a sample of my PS tweaking result.
That's not what I mean; I know how to save. Say I crop. Then I want to put the crop tool back and see how the photo looks now. No can do; it looks as before except for lines and whatnot across it. There's a SHORTCUT that does what I want, but I don't know it.
So, you're even far advanced than I am. I just looked in horror now that not all the pictures I saved this morning in the PS are not in the file, sigh... I have to look where it ended, Ulla. They're at least 2 hours work...
That's what I mean. Unless you click somewhere (???) or use a shortcut, you only save the original photos, not your work.
Besides, I don't want to save them in between. I want to finish e.g. cropping, see if it's all right, if so continue with e.g. brightness.
That program drives me CRAZY.
No, I'm not. I can't get anywhere with anything.
Ulla, I have just downloaded the program last night, so I can't also tell you much... I'll pump Al when he's again on-line with all your questions :-)
But there is snow in the mountains, I see. This is a good picture, Jack.
salamat, Mila :-)
Kommentar veröffentlichen