I never thought I’d enjoy listening to punk rock music. But that’s what happened to me last night. My German teacher twisted my arm to accompany him to a lecture/concert sponsored by the local anarchists here. And for one hour I had to listen to a PowerPoint presentation on the virtues of Anarchism and their brand of trade unionism. Boy, it was so boring and it reminded me of my first year college Polsci class. There were only about 15 of us gathered in a small, dark room – many of whom looked like the usual German intellectuals with their glasses and serious-looking faces. But in front sat five young Punks with their long red stylish hairs, black signature clothes, with rings not just on their ears.
After the break I wanted to leave, but my teacher asked me to wait for the concert. I obliged and luckily I did. Shortly after, came a small punker-again in black- with violin in his hand. Now, I never knew before that violin and punk rock music matched. So last night was like music education for this old emigrant. Paul, the Punker from Berlin, electrified us all for two hours with his socially-critical songs. His voice was so smooth, dark, and deep; one day he could be punk rock's version of Pavarotti. And, my oh my, how he used that venerable instrument called violin like an e-Guitar! Stradivarius must be rolling in his grave last night.
I told my wife that I’d be back at 9:00 o’clock, but I came home well past midnight-- drunk and humming punk rock songs like “my music and revolution” hmmmm… hmmm…hmmm…
10 Kommentare:
i wouldnt be surprized it you start reading jack kerouac and kurt vonnegut! hahaha!
haha welcome to the fold man...
tyler is the man when it come to punk. as well as metalboy.
man, you should invite metalboy in your multiply. great creative writer and a punk devotee. just like our friend tyler here.
kurt vonnegut I always like. As for Jack Kerouac I haven't read his work, but that of his buddy Edmund White, I really like.
jack kerouac is almost like god to punk devotees, righ tyler? but he writes good. ill start reading about him soon. hahah!
not only punks...i guess he's for everybody...hehe
there you go, brother! amen!
hey, dave! next time I know, you'd be telling me to dye my hair red, to use egg white instead of gel to make my hair stand... he...he...he... and don't say anything about those black costumes and rings all over the body, no way... am too old for that buddy, he he he
hey, tyler, what books of kerouac do you recommend for beginners?
why not? hahahah!
Kommentar veröffentlichen