After this blog, I have to sit down and think hard. I have to read again my thick resume, get a print-out of my best-looking passport photos, and maybe do a little mind- mapping, too.
Tomorrow is my long-awaited schedule with my Unemployment Office's adviser, and I have to show him what I've got. I'm afraid he'll gonna pressure me hard to look for a job hard and fast.
That's the bind, I'm in now. What shall I tell him? That an American manager friend of mine offers me a job in the neighboring state which would mean for me a travelling time of at least 5 hours a day, on top of the 8-5 required? (No, I can't tell him that. I'm rather sure he'd immediately say, grab it, you folly!)
Or, that I now enjoy my life as houseman? And, shall I ask him, too, that if I got a full-time job now, who's going to bring Anna to her ballet and Martin to his music class? Who's going to ask the children how's school when they come home at lunch? Ah, life and death questions, the answers of which I only have today to find out. Any suggestions, from anyone of you out there reading?
10 Kommentare:
ewww, jack. im facing same questions. but i couldnt write it here.
you're fast man. but gonna leave you there.
if this is important to you. then you may tell him this aspect of your life.
how about explaining him the entire situation?
GOOD LUCK!
I would agree with Dave. Here's wishing for the best decision to come out today!
good luck jack!
oh my... what a bind. good luck!!!
good luck with your decision...
If you tell him you enjoy being a "househusband" (or that the kids need you), I'm afraid you'll lose your unemployment compensation. If you want to continue as such, the trick is to apply for jobs you know you won't get; then you can show the guy all the negative replies, thereby proving that you're actively looking for a job.
NEVER tell that you've been offered jobs you don't want to apply for. Unless you've got a really good excuse like then you'd have to move and your wife can't leave her job.
I hope it went all right, my advice comes too late. I don't know German rules; in Denmark you can (could?) refuse jobs that pay less money than your education entitles you to.
I'll have to know more about the rules and your actual, as opposed to what the Germans claim, qualifications in order to advise you. I know how to fuck that system, generally.
Kommentar veröffentlichen